Australian Disability Service Directory
Clickability is an independent Australian disability service guide. They feature ratings and reviews from the people who actually use the services. Clickability lets you find out about services, share your experiences and connect with others about issues that matter to you!
Everything Carers is a website that is bringing together local caring news, information about peer support groups, local service providers and information and advice about the topics carers need to know about, including the NDIS, reforms to the aged care and mental health systems, advice on returning to work after caring and how to cope with some of the difficult situations carers encounter.
Goldfields Library, Bendigo
BAAG has donated $6,500 worth of books and DVD’s to the Goldfields Central Library. There are books and DVD’s for different ages and stages of life, covering many different topics and circumstances. AMAZE (previously Autism Victoria) also donated resources from their former library to the Bendigo Library in 2015.
Click here for the Goldfields Library.
St Luke’s Innovative Resources
St Luke’s Innovative Resources have a good range of resources and books for people on the spectrum
St Luke’s Innovative Resources, 62 Collins Street, Kangaroo Flat. Phone: (03) 5446 0500
Click here for St Luke’s Innovative Resources
These articles are provided by:
Dr Ken Armstrong, Former Senior Community Paediatrician, Bendigo Community Health Services
Australian Autism Sites:
- www.assnvic.org.au 37:37
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S35NDMuoJ4 (Video: Essentials for Educators: High Functioning Autism & Asperger Syndrome 37.36 minutes) This comes from America but may be useful to watch and share with teachers of some ASD children
- www.icannetwork.com.au This website has links to camps for teenagers and other activities run by I CAN.
- https://www.yellowladybugs.com.au Females and Autism
- Wenn Lawson on PDA Session 1
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_OdsI7jmfg&feature=youtu.beWenn Lawson on PDA Session 2